Saturday, April 16, 2011

Where does the time go?

Every time I write a new post and see how long it's been since the last one, I always say that I am going to post more often and then before I know it, it's 3 months down the road and I haven't posted a thing! Maybe I just ought to do quarterly posts and then I will keep up with it! I have been busy trying to keep up with everything going on and it's been a handful to say the least!

We have had a birthday here every month since January so once a month I have been busy making cake! Isaiah wanted chocolate cupcakes!
Hannah wanted a cake with Tiny from Dinosaur train and the Big Pond!
Olivia wanted a 5 layer chocolate, vanilla and strawberry cake with a pond, frogs, strawberries, a picnic basket and all 5 of us on the cake fishing and of course frogs! Well in the end she got everything but us on top! So for the rest of this year we are done with birthdays and cakes! Mine is next month, but I don't think I will be making a cake and I won't hold my breath of getting one otherwise! I think I will treat myself to a Mocha Frappe with caramel syrup and whip cream instead! No work and very yummy!

On the fiber front I have been busy adding new items to my shop and my esty shop and get re-organized from the Art Show I did the end of March! It went pretty well, but I think I ended up breaking even after I bought 2 Mocha Frappe's, ate Chinese two night's in a row and everything else I spent to do the show! It was fun, but very tiring!I did have a chance to organize a lot of my yarns though and realized that I had a lot more than I thought! I sold a few at the show and now just need to get the rest of them up and listed on my website.
I also got a bunch of new Diz Sets done with threaders and Orifice Hooks. They are fun to paint and fun to make except when you have a bag of stone beads and only one bead out of the whole bag will fit on the wire!
Well I guess this is enough for now! Do I dare say that I will post again soon! I will try!!

4 comments:

larkspur funny farm said...

Great having you post again - life does get in the way of all we are to do.. Sweets look wonderful and I am sure the kids had a great time. Hope you had fun at the show - they can be lot's of work but still it is what we do. Hope to read more soon. Not being pushy just love to know the goings on.

monica said...

Grace, I am going to try and post more often! We will have to see what happens! There is so much going on and hopefully we will be moving in 3 months or less so I have tons to clear out! I would do great if I had a craft store! I could stock it without buying a single thing! :)

countrynmore said...

I hear you loud and clear. I have been the same way. Life has been busy around here. I will try to read the blogs more often.

countrynmore said...

I have been the same way. I have been spending more time with friends and family on facebook, and trying to be sure to keep in touch with friends from when I was a teenager. I keep saying the same thing that I will post more, but life tends to get busy at times.